12-01, 19:00–19:40 (Europe/Berlin), Scaling Agile
Skyguide: Applying SAFe for cyber physical systems in a highly regulated environment
With about 1500 employees, Skyguide is the solution provider and operator of air traffic control services in Central Europe. In Switzerland, Skyguide also coordinates all military aircraft.
Skyguide has been using the Scaled Agile Framework for 5 years and now had to prove that the development processes are compliant with all regulations stated by the EU and Switzerland. Until 2020, all processes were documented in SOPs. After evaluation, it was decided to describe the SAFe Processes based on Applied SAFe as an implementation of SAFe in Stages and to adapt/extend it to the needs of Skyguide.
We present our ‘hands-on’ experiences, lessons learned, some details of the actual implementation, pros and cons of the status quo, and our conclusion so far.
- CEO & Founder of PEDCO Inc., providing a Lean QMS as a world-wide SAS since 2014.
- 30+ years experience in Software Engineering.
- Studied Software Engineering, Finance and Management Psychology
- World-wide responsible for lifecycles, processes, methods and tools at a major financial institute.
- 50+ publications and lectures since 1995 in USA, Japan and Europe.
- Certified in SPC since 2011, DAD, Scrum Master, TOGAF, CMMI, PMI, EFQA
- Encountered first experience with Agile in 1999 (XP)
- Creator of Applied SAFe, a standard implementation of SAFe as a Lean Quality Management Systems (Lean QMS)
Lead of the Special Interest Group ‘Lean & Agile Organizations’ and member of the Board of Directors at the Swiss Association of Quality (SAQ).
President of the Board for Computer Science at SAQ
- Compliance Management Expert for Technical Department at Skyguide
- 15+ years' experience in Software Engineering.
- Studied Software Engineering, Electricity and Electronics
- Encountered first experience with Agile in 2007 (XP)
- Experience with SAFe since 2018
- Responsible for Applied SAFe customization for Skyguide needs